Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Play Date: for the Kids or for Moms?



Yesterday Jayce had his first play date.....well I guess I had mine as well. So I am not sure if play dates are for kids or if they are for Moms. I mean I guess at his age (11 weeks) they are more for the moms. Jayce played with Ethan I guess. Ethan is one month older than Jayce. I mean if you count laying on Jayce's rain forest play mat and each playing with the toys, but not really with each other playing, then they played with each other. I suppose it is just good for them to be around other babies. I'm still pretty new at this whole Mom thing. I've always heard my friends taking their babies to "play dates", but I never really knew why they were taking their new baby to "play" with other new babies. I think now I am understanding. Being with my boy is great, but I sure do enjoy being with other adults. So Ethan's mom, Becky, and I have been friends since college. We lived together for a year and we were also in each other weddings. I really do enjoy having friends who have babies around the same age as mine. We can talk about what is going on right now, but I also enjoy talking to my friends who have babies that are older so that I can ask about they experienced when theirs was Jayce's age. So here are a couple pics of Jayce and Ethan "playing together".

1 comments:

Rachel Cobb said...

Play dates are DEFINETLY for the mommy's! I had the same thoughts go through my mind until Tobin's first play date at the McWhorter's home. I'll never forget it! You need to definetly schedule more for the future!