Every year since Layne and I have been married, we have gone and cut down a Christmas tree (with the exception of last year since we purchased our home on Dec 14 and then left for TX for Christmas.) So this year we felt it was going to be no different. We live in a small town, but since we are up north, I figured we could find a Christmas tree farm. Well we found a farm, but they didn't have the trees we were used to. First of all, most of their trees were 6ft and smaller. Secondly, they only had furs. We were used to pines...so we had to adjust :) Luckily, they grow all their big trees up in Pennsylvania and the owner goes up to that farm every week and cuts down his bigger trees and brings them back to sell for the weekend. So I feel that we got a pretty fresh tree, but we didn't actually get to cut it down this year. The farm that we went to was nice though. It was family owned, small town and they are hoping to have more and bigger trees next year. The owner just didn't expect the tree farm to be so successful so quickly. So that was pretty neat to hear.




The kids loved to help decorate the tree. I did have to move several of the ornaments that they put on the tree because they were so close to each other.
The kids have their own trees that they get to decorate any way they want. So they enjoyed being able to do that too. When they were finished with their trees, I put them both up in their own rooms. They liked that a lot!
I love how serious she is about decorating
LOVE this expression!!!
Love this expression too! Thinking really hard about where to put his ornaments. :)
Merry Christmas to everyone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment