skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A little over a week ago, I turned 30. The days before I was thirty, I had so many people ask me if I was okay with turning 30...and what my thoughts on it were. So I began to think about it...what does being 30 mean to me?
I know that a lot of people are really torn about turning 30, but not me. I'm pretty excited. So much has happened to me during my 20's. I'd have to say that my 20's were pretty successful. In my twenties I did many things.....I got married, graduated college, taught school for 4 years, bought 2 houses and sold one, had three babies, moved across the country, have successfully been raising my kids and have grown in my relationship with my Lord and Savior. Personally, I think that my 20's were pretty eventful. So being thirty, I am excited to see what's going to happen during this awesome time! God has blessed me so much and I can't wait to see what He does while I'm in my 30's.
On another note, my awesome hubs and some of my amazing friends threw me a great surprise birthday party! So here's how it all went down......We had been traveling all day (coming back from TX after Christmas) and I was SUPER hungry. Not knowing that I had a house full of people and food, I wanted Layne to stop on our way home to get some food, but he wouldn't. So I had gotten a really bad headache and was irritated with him! I didn't understand why he wanted to get home so bad knowing that we had no food at home since we hadn't been there for like 2 weeks. But he was driving and I was stuck. We pull up to the house and I have the key to get into the house. I went to unlock it, but it was already unlocked...I should have figured out something, but Layne gave me some lame excuse about the girl who had been watching our dog...maybe she had just been there and left it unlocked. Didn't trigger anything..HA! So after we walked in, Dazi went bonkers like normal, but I saw something hanging from the ceiling...I just figured that Layne had some friends come over and decorate the house while we were gone. I had no idea that there would have been a house full of people who love me and wanted to celebrate me.
How awesome is that?! I was in such shock....but I was so hungry and mad, that I don't think that I had a really good reaction. I had no idea what to think or do...my kids were even in shock too. Jayce ran to the other room and hid. He had no idea why there were so many people in our house. HA! But we ended up having a great night! I am still in awe at how great it was and what great friends we have! God has blessed us beyond understanding....and I am so excited to see what He has in store for us in the next decade of our lives!
Good bye 20's and HELLO 30's!!
1 comments:
What a fun surprise!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment