Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day of KINDERGARTEN!!!

I can't believe that today actually happened!!! I've been an emotional wreck thinking about today.  I think part of it has to do with the fact that Layne's on the USS Wasp for 25 days and missing this very important day.  SO much is going to change starting today.  I have a child in school! SCHOOL! That's just so nuts to me.  I feel like it was just yesterday that he was coming home with us from the hospital.  These years are going by so fast and it makes me sad. I love all the time I get with my kids and wouldn't change one second about anything!!! It is such an amazing blessing to be able to stay at home with my kids.  Sure there are days when I want to pull my hair out.  But they are amazing little people that God trusted me to teach and love.  And I love them dearly!!! 

The week before Jayce started school we were in Texas visiting family, so it didn't really hit me that Jayce was actually starting school until we got back on Saturday.  Saturday I was an emotional wreck.  I think it was a combination of Layne not being home, I was exhausted, the kids thought Layne was going to be home (not sure why), and then school starting in just a few days.  So this week flew by!!! Wednesday is here and now gone. School started and now we are in a new phase of our lives. My baby boy...my first child....started KINDERGARTEN!!! WOW!

He did so great this morning.  He was so excited.  I was just so impressed with how much he knew what to do.  He got on the bus like he'd done it before.  He hugged and kissed me.  He hugged and kissed his sisters.  He waved good bye to me and then it was over.  The bus pulled away and I LOST IT! Luckily my bff invited me over for coffee so I could boohoo on her shoulder.  She comforted me and then I was good to go for the rest of the day.  I also got lots of texts and fb messages telling me that my friends were praying for me and thinking of me.  I'm one blessed lady! 












 Ryleigh took some pictures of Jayce and I.  I think she did a pretty good job! :)


 Then Jayce wanted take some pictures too.  So here's his pictures.

 Waiting for the bus. This guy just walked on like he he had done it a ton of times before! He made me proud, but also sad that he was growing up.


 Off he goes...and the flood of tears came down my face!! My big boy was headed to Kindergarten!



 The girls and I couldn't have been more excited to see him after school!!!! We loved hearing about his first day of school and then celebrated with a successful day for everyone by going to Sweet Frog.


Until next week when Ryleigh starts PreK.......
Happy school year everyone!  
Photobucket

0 comments: