We
started the month out with a visit from Nana and Pop. While they came
for a visit we went to a demolition derby at a local place. Jayce
thought it was pretty awesome. We sat font row and so it almost felt
like we were a part of it. You could smell the burning rubber and
sometimes you even got mud flung at you. It was pretty neat watching
them crash into each other!
The
same weekend Layne's parents were in town, Layne got ordained as an
elder in our church. Several weeks prior, church members nominated
people who they thought would be a good fit as an elder. Then the
previous elders went through the list of people and interviewed them as
well as their spouses to see if they would be interested and fit the
part. SO after much prayer Layne became an elder at our church. On
this Sunday, the previous elders were praying over the new elders. IT
was really neat to see it and be a part of it. I'm so proud of my man
for loving God and being such a great example to our children of what it
means to love God and put God first.
That
same Sunday, our church had our annual church picnic. SO after a great
church service, we all gathered together at a local park and enjoyed
some great food, fun and fellowship! My kids LOOOOVE this Sunday! And so
do we. :)
this was Brynna's first experience with cotton candy :)
Ryleigh
is not a fan at all of the 'normal' princess dress-up dresses. She
thinks that the material that they are made of is "scratchey." So her awesome Nana made her a Rapunzel dress before we left for Disneyworld. She loooves it!!!
While
Nana and Pop were here visiting we also made a trip to the DC zoo.
It's an awesome zoo for many reasons...the first one is that it's FREE
:) Second one is that it's a zoo...so it's awesome all on it's own. Ha!
My kids love the zoo and seeing all the animals! But who doesn't?!
This
was such a bittersweet day for me....Jayce's last day of Pre-K!! I
couldn't believe that he was actually going to be a kindergartner! He
did so great this year in PreK and I have no fears of him going to
Kindergarten...just that I'm going to miss having him around. He will
be at school ALL DAY and that's such a change from what we've been used
to for the last 5 years.
Mrs. McNey and Jayce on the last day of PreK
After
going to Disneyworld, Jayce and Ryleigh stayed in Texas with their
grandparents. So I got a week of just Brynna and I!!! It was so fun and
weird all at the same time. I love this girl so much and couldn't ever
imagine not having her in our lives!! She's so spunky and her cheeks
are to die for!!
My
boy and girl return from TX!!!!! Oh how I missed them sooooooo
much!!!!!!!! This was one happy momma!!! And I'm pretty sure Jayce and
Ryleigh were just as excited to see their momma! :)
AND
this little love so super excited to see her Daddy!!!! He had been gone
that week too on work travel. So everyone was happy with all the
reuniting going on! HA!!
As soon as they got back we were on full GO mode! VBS for them had already begun and they were so excited to go!
Brynna's
first "back of the head" ponytail. She's got so much hair and it's so
different from Ry. Even today, she has so much more hair than her older
sister. Poor girls. They are going to fight over this one day.
I
ended the month with a trail run with my running buddies! I love these
girls and how they challenge me to be a better me. It was a TOUGH
run!!! I had been training for it, but whew!! It was HOT that day and
the trail was practically uphill the whole time...on tree bark...and did
I mention it was hot! I was so glad to be done with that run. It was
my first run in many many years too. It was just fun, even though it
was tough. Hopefully it will be the beginning to many many more runs. I
am enjoying challenging myself and staying in shape.


























0 comments:
Post a Comment