Monday, May 18, 2009

Sneak Peek #2

Well it's finally starting to come along. Ryleigh's room is almost ready. Layne and I have been working hard at trying to get things finished up. I have been stressing out about not being able to find things that I want in the room and this weekend was a great shopping weekend!! It started on Friday when I was shopping on Woodlands Online. I found this GREAT shelving unit to put above the dresser!! It's amazing. Very heavy duty and just really adds so much to the room. I bought it from this guy who made it!! It only cost us $40. WOW.....then on Sunday my mom and I went shopping for curtains and upholstery fabric. I've been looking for some and have had NO luck. We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and found perfect curtains for the room!! They are white with 2 shades of pink and one shade of brown polka dots. I swear it's practically the colors that we painted the walls. I think I am going to still look for brown curtains to put behind them. My mother-in-law is going to recover the glider/ottoman that the Moody's gave us. THANKS SO MUCH by the way!! Then we have the crib and the dresser. We got the crib off Woodlands Online as well. Great deal! The dresser we already had. I refinished it to try to match the room. I think it turned out pretty good. Oh!!! The lamp!! My mother-in-law found it at Wal-mart and she also got the ribbon. I added the ribbon and I think it turned out pretty good! So that's that so far. We have ordered a rug and have a few more finishing touches to add to the room. But it's definitely coming along.





8 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, the room looks SO cute! You guys did such a great job. I'm so impressed with the walls. Everything looks absolutely adorable! Now all you need is that cute little girl to make it complete!

ChrissyK said...

The room looks great! Very pretty and is suited for a very pretty girl. I cant wait to meet her.

Rachel Cobb said...

It's looking great! Can't wait to see how the final touches turn out! Miss you! Can't wait to see the beautiful girl!

Jess Richey said...

WOW! You guys did a great job! The room is perfect! I can't wait to meet little Ryleigh!

Lacey said...

Looks Great Kristyn!!! I think I have that same pink stripe fabric. Did you end up having your bedding made?? Looks great, I love it!! Not much longer now!

Erin said...

Kristyn, everything turned out so cute! I can't wait to see the finished product! You guys have really been working so hard...it's definitely paid off!

Tanya said...

It looks awesome!! I love the curtains and the shelf!! I have questions!! You inspired me.

ashley said...

Love it!!! The room looks super cute!! I love the pink & brown!! You guys did a great job!!