Today we had two big firsts!
First of all the kids started Mother's Day Out. They both did great! Jayce said that he had a lot of fun. He can't wait to go back. He also had so much fun, that he did not take a nap. Well that's not totally true. He didn't take a nap because his teacher could not find his binky and so he just laid there on his nap mat. I really hope that he does great this year with going to "school" two days a week. Since he did not get any sort of nap at school today, he crashed in the car and slept for about 2 hours. Ryleigh is also going to MDO two days a week. At first I was only going to have her go one day a week, but we've decided to send her both days also. That will give me one day to do a few things that I need to do kid-free. She didn't do quite as well as Jayce, but she still did pretty good. She cried when I dropped her off and again cried when I picked her up. Her teachers said that she did pretty good, but she was fussy on and off. They said she fell asleep in the buggy ride and then wouldn't really take a nap during nap time. I figured that she would fall asleep in the car too, but nope! She refused to nap this afternoon. She also wouldn't let me leave her sight. She was totally attached to my hip. I guess she's going to have to get used to not so much mommy time. :)
Our second first that we had tonight was Jayce going Poo Poo on the potty!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! We have been working on potty training for about a month and he has absolutely REFUSED to even try to poop on the potty. The second he's done peeing, he wants to get off the potty. Oh we tried so many things. We tried reading books, giving out stickers, bribing (which didn't work AT all!), giving out candy (but this boy doesn't like candy so much), and we did potty dances which seemed to work the best. I think his love language must be words of affirmation because whenever I tell him how awesome he is or that he did a great job he seems to really like that and will work harder for something to hear it.
He had done GREAT wtih going pee pee on the potty. He has very few accidents and only wears pull-ups at church and then at school. Other than that we try to put him in "big boy" undies. He seemed to get confused the feeling of having to go pee with having to go poop. He will tell me, "mommy, I'm pooping" but really he will need to go pee. So now that we have that figured out, I know when he really needs to go pee. Oh I never thought my life with be so consumed with my child going potty, and being soooo excited when he did. I had Jayce pose tonight on his potty. No nudity, just a super cute little boy who is VERY excited about going poop!



3 comments:
What a cute pic with the kids on their 1st day of school! I'm so happy to hear that Jayce had a great time! Hopefully Ryleigh will adjust quickly & learn to enjoy it!
Way to go Jayce! I think most kiddos have a harder time learning to poop in the potty. Abigail loved the singing & dancing I would do when she when she went potty. Although, we had to have ice cream or popsicle parties when she went poop because it was such a challenge. Now, she just does her business & tells me about it if she needs to be cleaned up.
Awww.....love the first day of school picture. They both are changing so much. I miss seeing you guys and Hadley misses Jayce being in her sunday school class. And I am so proud of Jayce and his potty training!! Way to go big boy. We are in the midst of working on that too. Have been doing it all summer. Hads has been my hardest to train by far.
Little R will like school soon enough. Give it time and she will love it. And I think Mommy will like her one day off too. Hope you all have a great school year!!
WAY TO GO JAYCE!!!
praying ryleigh will adjust quickly and love going to MDO... it's such a tough age with all the attachment stuff... but i'm sure she'll be running in in no time.
hope you will enjoy your once a week mommy time too... it's a lifesaver for me!! :)
Post a Comment