Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weekend in OK

About a week or so, Layne's mom and I decided to venture up to Skiatook, OK to visit Layne's sis Steph. The kids did absolutely AMAZING on the ride up.  We left a little after 9, they slept and watched a video until we got to McKinney.  We stopped and ate and then started back on the road.  The kids fell asleep after lunch and then watched another movie until we got to Aunt Stephs. Pretty much no fussing.  Both Diane and I were completely shocked.



Oh they'd be best buddies if they lived near each other! :) Such sweet boys!

Just chillin watching the boys play. 
This was the coolest morning, so we just spent it outside!


 The first day in OK the weather was amazing! Cool mornings and nice afternoons.  That only lasted one day :( After that it was like I was back in Houston. HOT, steamy and yuck! But the company was great and it was so fun watching my kids play with their cousins. Friday, Noah, my youngest nephew stayed home from daycare so that he could play with Jayce and Ryleigh. So fun and Jayce had a blast! Our middle nephew, Colin, didn't understand why Noah could stay home from school, but he couldn't. :) So cute!  Saturday we got to go and see Colin play soccer.  So different from when I played when I was four...or so that I remember.  They only have 5 kids on the team and they have 3 kids on the field at a time. The coaches can be on the field so that they can tell the kids what to do. It was neat. We relaxed that afternoon and then went to a festival in Tulsa that evening. Oh my gosh....it was sooooo darn hot!!! Not too much fun since it was so hot. But we enjoyed our company.  Sunday was filled with church.  Steph goes to Life Church and it was neat to experience that.  After that we had to eat lunch and then it was off to soccer games that afternoon.  Dylan plays on an academy team, which is kinda in between recreational soccer and competitive soccer.  Oh it brought back so many memories for me.  I can't wait for my kids to do that.  The whole weekend, Jayce wanted to play soccer like both his cousins.  As soon as he's old enough, I'm pretty sure he will be signed up for soccer.  Dylan played in two games.  They tied the first one to kids that were older and then won the second game. Oh my it was hot out there too that weekend. But it was great watching the boys play. I've been wanting to do that so badly, but since we are so far away we haven't been able to until that weekend. So that's pretty much it.  It was a fun time, but it went by oh so fast!  Now Jayce asks about his cousins all the time.  He loved playing with them and can't wait to do it again!!! 

 Watching Colin play soccer. Jayce was upset that he couldn't play soccer too. 


Such a great time!!!! Can't wait until we get to see them again!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I fear road trips with the monkey. Is Ryleigh facing the front yet? We still have Kason facing the back, but his knees are by his ears. LOL!

I can't wait until the monkey can start soccer...they have Soccer Tots around town and they can start at 18 months. :)

Lacey said...

Awww.....Even though you guys don't live close I am sure they will still grow up to be very close cousins. :) My kids absolutely adore their nephew who lives out of town. Jayce did look pretty upset about soccer. I think he may be ready!!! :) :) Too cute!!