All summer I've been trying to work with Jayce on not being so scared of the water. He loves to go swimming.....well play in the pool, but he won't put his face in the water and he freaks out when the water gets in his face. We've gone to the pool several times and we also go to Nana and Pops house to swim also. Each time, Jayce refuses to try to practice swimming. He will jump into our arms from the side of the pool, play in the water at the neighborhood pool where he can touch the ground, but other than that he's pretty scared. If he trips and falls where he can touch he flips out. I guess he doesn't realize that he can still touch if he trips and falls. Who knows...it's been frustrating for me, but I just figure he will get it some day.
Well Ryleigh loves the water. She loves to practice kicking and she will dip her face into the water all the time. This summer she would even "swim" with a ring float. I couldn't believe it. I never got any pictures or video of her swimming, but I swear she would wear the ring and lift her legs and float all over the splash pad and our pool. Then she would put her feet down, walk some and then float around again, kicking her feet. I had several people just stare at her and then ask me how old she was. They were as shocked as I was to see her practically swimming.
I've been trying to get Jayce to swim with floaties or a ring float, but NOPE. Not once would he even try. He was content with playing on the steps of Nana's pool or walking around our splash pad at our pool. BUT this afternoon at Nana's house he actually asked for the ring float and said he wanted to swim! WHAT?!?! I was so shocked and excited at the same time!! Of course he could have a swim ring! So he got right in and acted like he new exactly what he should be doing. He would move his arms and kick his legs and swim all over the pool. He liked it when I was next to him....just in case ;) He didn't want me to go and get my camera, so Nana secretly took some pictures of him and a little video. OH and for some reason he has seen that when you swim you need goggles, because he insisted on wearing them. HILARIOUS!!!


1 comments:
I can't get the video up, but GO JAYCE!! Love the goggles!! He is such a cutie!!
Post a Comment