Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Advent Calendar

A friend of mine has a super awesome crafting blog, Crafts and Sutch and I love seeing all the cool stuff she finds!! She has a weekly segment called Sutch an Inspiration and it's where she searches people's blogs and finds cool things she would love to make someday.  In that segment I found a great idea for an advent calendar! I thought that it was different and it wouldn't be too hard to make.  So here's what it looked like on Something from Cassie's blog.  Great idea, and I just changed mine to be for Christmas.  So here's what I did. 

You will need: 2 cereal boxes,  24 muffin pan, roll of magnet, scissors, stickers, scrapbooking paper, paper cutter, and/or other embellishments.  I was lucky enough to have a great friend who let me use her cricut machine to cut all my paper, embellishments and numbers.  Let me tell you how much time that saved me!


 I cut the cereal box into 2in by 2in squares.  You probably could have cut them a little bit smaller.  Mine don't show any of the muffin pan when they are all on there. 

 Here's most of the embellishments that I used.  I also had stickers.  I used the scrapbook tape to put my paper onto the card board.  But when I started putting the embellishments onto the paper, I decided to use a glue stick.  It was a lot easier for me.
 Get all the paper onto the cardboard using the scrapbook tape or glue.
 Add embellishments and put magnet onto the backs of each card board piece and VOILA you have yourself a super easy and cute advent calendar.  The best part, is you can just put all the pieces into a small ziplock baggie and change it up if you want.
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Anglins said...

Tanya and I found this calendar on your friend's blog a few weeks ago and have been wanting to make one ever since! Yours turned out great! :)

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Kristyn, you are going to give me a big head! :) Thank you so much for the sweet comments! I love how this turned out! :) You did such a great job!

Kelly said...

cute, cute, cute! and i love Erin's blog too!