Saturday, November 10, 2012

8 months ago.....

Brynna joined our family.  I can't believe that she's already 8 months old.  8 months seems so old, but she's just so petite that I don't see her as being 8 months old.  I just love this girl to death! I forgot to post about her being 7 months old, but she has grown so much in the last two months.  During her 7th month, we had to do some sleep training.  She was awful to get to sleep....and one night Layne and I were up with her for several hours because she was just crying and refused to go to sleep.  Sooo...after a couple rough nights of teaching her to go to sleep on her own, she is now an excellent sleeper and will go right to sleep after we put her in her bed. 
Brynna is also now CRAWLING!!! While Layne's mom and grandmother were here for a couple weeks, she progressed from an army crawl to the full crawl. She is now getting all over the place.  She has yet to try to climb up the stairs, but I'm sure that will be next.  We are trying to figure out what kind of gate we need to get to put at the stairs.  The biggest issue we have is that we have two sets of stairs in our house...so I don't really want four gates in the house and the older two would hate having gates too.  So this is our first battle with that.  We never had that issue with the other two because we had a one story house. 
Brynna has also started to eat some foods.  She will eat fruits and sometimes veggies if they are mixed with fruit.  She loves yogurt.  She likes eating soft chunks of food.  She loves puffs and food that she can feed herself. She just doesn't eat much food.  I can use one jar of baby food over the entire day.  She still LOVES to nurse.  I got sick last week and was taking some medicine and my milk supply was going down and so I tried to give Brynna some formula to try to supplement her, but she REFUSED to drink it.  She gagged on it and then pressed her lips together.  So out to the store I went and got some fenugreek.  It's an herb to help with milk supply.  And it's working great.  
So at 8 months old Brynna is.....
-in size 3 diapers
-6 months clothes
-about 16lbs
-nursing 6-8 times a day (24 hours period)
-taking much better naps....one long nap and a shorter nap. Varies which time of day she naps longest due to what we have going on
-wakes up once a night to nurse most nights
-taking a bath in the big bath
-crawls every where
-always looks to find her brother and sister as soon as she wakes up
-she doesn't care to give Daddy kisses because of his goatee (she doesn't like the way it feels on her face)
-gives Daddy the biggest smile of the day as soon as he walks in the door from work
 -during month 7, she was having some major separation anxiety, but is doing better now. She will go to others without crying. 
-Still isn't doing much talking or sounds 
-Can wave hi and clap

I have a feeling her brother and sister will do the all the talking for her.  She understands quite a lot, but just smiles at you and says nothing. We are over the moon for this girl.  
 
We took some family pictures a few weekends ago while the colors were changing with all the leaves...so here are a few of those.  
 






I am blessed beyond measure by this precious little girl! God is So good and has completed our family with this beautiful little girl!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Paige said...

So sweet! And just like all your kids she has the most adorable smile!!

For your stairs, I would just get 2 gates for the tops of the stairs. We found the going up isn't so much a problem cause I can stop them or go with them, but we didn't want them attempting to go down quite yet.

Lacey said...

She is precious and a spitting image of her sibblings. I hope you are writing names on the back of pictures so you don't get confused. :) Hope all is well with your sweet family and that life is good in your "new" hometown. :)

Jenni said...

She's precious!!!

Let me know what you decide on the gate situation! We are about to move and will have stairs we have to figure out. We have them now, but there is a door at the bottom of them, so built in gate! Ha! Also, Levi hated formula, too!! I was barely able to make it to his birthday of pumping at work when we could start cow's milk.