This has probably been the hardest birthday so far.....I just couldn't believe that my little man was actually FIVE! We had been talking about him turning five for a few days prior and he kept telling me the sweetest things...for example, I call the kids my little lovies. So one day when we were in the car I was telling him how I didn't want him to turn 5, because it was going to make him so big. And he responded to me, "it's okay mom, I'll still be your lovie" Oh my heart just melted!
So Jayce had asked for an Avenger birthday party....so I went to Pinterest to find some cute ideas and I sure found some good ones. I decided to make capes and masks for all the kids coming to the party. I called one of my good friends who had done a superhero party before and asked her for some of her advice on cape making. She gave me some awesome advice and I used jersey knit fabric for the capes which made it super easy to cut them out. No sewing necessary!! Then I found a template on pinterest for the masks. They were easy too. I just hot glued them together instead of sewing them like the lady instructed to do. These were for 5 year olds...not professionals :) No sew is the way to go! HA! The final touch to the party was the cake. I had found a cute Captain America cake on Pinterest, but had never attempted making a cake with fondant. So I got my girlfriend, Christie to come over and help me with it. She had never used fondant either, but is an experienced baker. Between the two of us, we rocked that cake like no ones business :) And we had a ton of fun together! I just hope that all our hard work paid off by the fun that the kids had! So wow...now he's five and in just a few short months will start kindergarten! My first kid in actual school....crazy to think that this time has come. It has always seemed so far away, but it has crept up on me so very quickly.





Pin the hammer on Thor
Getting some cape making done
Coloring Captain America
Our sweet baby boy getting some kisses
This is such a sweet picture!! I love it, but it's a little blurry.
CAKE!!!!!
Daddy Captain America bringing in Jayce's new bike
Some of our super heroes
0 comments:
Post a Comment