Wednesday, May 29, 2013

April Happenings...

Blogging has taken a huge back burner these days....I'm not sure why I've been so awful at it or not determined...but it has.  I really enjoy blogging and how it keeps record of all the fun things my kids are up to.  I just need to keep up with it so that I will have something to read later in life ;)

April was busy.  It seems like we are always on the go.  I take Jayce to preschool every morning and while he's there the girls and I try to take advantage by either going running and enjoying the outdoors or running errands.  So our mornings seem to FLY by! Then our afternoons are busy by either playing with friends, jumping on the trampoline or doing house work. HA!  I try to stay home more afternoons than not because Brynna is always in need of a decent nap.  So it just always feels like we are doing something. 

 Ryleigh got to get a hair cut one morning.  Her hair was starting to get pretty raggedy looking so I took her to the Hair Cuttery to get a quick trim while Jayce was at school.  She loved it and thought she was hot stuff.  She's a girly girl and loves to be pampered like any girl does.
 This was the beginning the month....it was our first day of some actual warm weather.  One thing we have here is lots of cold windy weather.  Our winter seems to last forever.  I do like having a cool Spring, but sheesh, the wind can leave! To kick off Spring, I found a cute wreath on pinterest and made it with the help of one of my dear friends, Christie.  I love how cute and simple it is.
 April was our tease month...we had a couple warm days to tease us that Spring was coming and then it would get pretty chilly again.  So during our hottest day, Jayce and his BFF Brayden pulled out the squirt guns and had a little bit of water fun.  Too bad a couple days later it was freezing outside.
These three have my heart forever and ever!!! I just love love love their sweet smiles! Most mornings before we head out to take Jayce to preschool I love sitting them on the porch and taking their pictures.  Brynna was tough to keep sitting, but she's starting to get the hang of it now and knows to stay and smile. 

 All three loves fell fast asleep on our way to DC to see the Cherry Blossoms.  Too bad we were there just a few days too late.  The cherry blossoms are pretty delicate.  So you have to go and see them as soon as they bloom.  If you wait too long the wind, sun, or storm will destroy them pretty quickly.  And mid week we had a storm hit and take out most of the cherry blossoms.  It was sad.  I was hoping to get some great pictures and we didn't get anything.  :( Oh well...we are hoping for next year.
 I love how these three love playing with each other.  One morning while Jayce was at school Ryleigh mentioned wanting to have a birthday party for her baby doll...so after we picked Jayce up her and Jayce planned the party.  Sure enough they invited all their stuffed animals and partied it up.  Ryleigh made a pretend cake, had pretend balloons and sang to her baby doll. They thought they were so cute and it was priceless.
 All three of my kids have enjoyed the dishwasher, but this girl is obsessed with it.  She is always wanting to climb in.  And now that I've taught her to help me unload it she thinks she something else!  She is pretty darn good at taking all the kids silverware and putting it away.  She also puts away all the plastic plates and cups.  I love my little helper!!
 Having two girls has been so much fun!! I love seeing them in all their matching outfits and Ryleigh loves matching with her baby sister.  By the way....see how Brynna crosses her feet? I LOVE THAT! She does it all the time.  Whenever she is sitting she crosses those little feet. Precious!
 Oh my little princess is such a ham! I love her scrunchie faces when she's trying to say "cheese" to the camera. This pic was taken on May 2...she was 14 months old.  She's still got NO teeth.  Loves her some veggies and fruit.  Isn't too keen on pasta.  Likes some meats. LOOVVES her brother and sister! Is an awful sleeper at night. Loves her mama to hold her all.the.time! But at the same time she's miss independent and has quite the strong willed personality.  We might be in for it in the future.
 This was Brynna's first pony tail! Ryleigh was so proud that she could have a ponytail like her baby sister.  Too bad Ryleigh has no idea that her first pony was when she was three and not 14 months old.  She was still bald at 14 months old.
Happy April!!! More to come soon :)
Photobucket

0 comments: