Thursday, May 30, 2013

My little gymnast

Ryleigh started gymnastics this Spring.  She's not so much the outdoorsey type and is a little big clumsy...so we thought that gymnastics would be a good fit for her.  Of course being in the level 1 gymnastics it's mostly play time, but she did learn things and she did get stronger as the class progressed.  When she first started the class she had a really hard time swinging on the bar swing to the mat.  She would fall off half way through the swing.  But by the end of the 8 weeks, she was able to swing on it the whole time across and even swing two times in a row.  She enjoyed doing the balance beam and the bars too.  She's always so funny when it was time to go to gymnastics.  She would say, "I have gymnastics AGAIN?!?!" Like last week was her only week to go.  And now that the class is over she asks me regularly when she's going to get to go to gymnastics again. Silly girl.  We even had a conversation in the car about her playing soccer.  This is how the conversation went:
Jayce: "Ryleigh, you could play soccer in the fall"
Ryleigh: "ya, Jayce I think I want to play soccer too"
Me: "You know Ryleigh, you can play soccer, but you can't do gymnastics too. You can only do one sport at a time"
Ryleigh: looooonnng pause....and in deep thought. "Ya, I think I'll just do gymnastics" :) 
HA! Such a silly girl. I love her dearly though!!





 Finally able to swing from one mat to the other! YAY!

Photobucket

0 comments: