Monday, June 16, 2008

Our week on the beach

Our first trip with Jayce was pretty fun, but also tiring. I was really excited about going to the beach, but didn't realize how much work it would be with Jayce. He's a pretty easy kid, but being in a total different place threw him off a bit. The first couple days it took me time to get acquainted with everything and figure out when to get Jayce a nap in. Finally the third day I found time to go out to the beach by myself and get some sun. All the adults and kids LOVED Jayce and thought he was a pretty cool baby. I kept hearing all week how good he was....so I think I'm pretty sure that God blessed me with an amazing baby. He was very rarely fussy and just went with the flow. He slept while the band played during the services and did some napping in his stroller. He did some swimming in the pool and went into the ocean for the first time. He really liked the ocean. I think he thought it was funny when the ocean water would splash him on his back. Here are some pics from our week at camp.


Lovin that shirt tan on my handsome hubby!!


Look at the look on his face after the water splashed him. He actually liked being in the ocean water.

Those are my studly boys


Just chillin in his stroller. I think he was watching everyone on the beach.

Swimming with the DuBroc's. Their little girls Charlie and Ellie LOVED Jayce. They held him every chance they got.

Napping on the go

Jayce loves Alissa so much!!!

We were in the room where they had service. Jayce enjoyed sleeping while the band played.




SOOOOOOO ready to go back home to Houston!!

5 comments:

Rachel Cobb said...

I've been stalking your blog to see photos of your week! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time in the sun! Call me when you get a chance to chat! love you!

Emily said...

What cute pictures! I'm so glad Jayce was so good for you.

Ashley McWhorter said...

I can't believe you rode in a van with all those boys and a new baby AND the stayed with them. You are one brave woman!!!! I think I would have opted for driving my own car and staying in my own hotel/condo. But hey, gotta love the free camp trips. :)

Paige said...

Fun!!! Glad you had a good time. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up there :( Maybe next year!

Lacey said...

I am so impressed that Jace was such a good boy. But I guess he is always a good boy. What fun pictures for him to have to look back on. It looks beautiful there and looks like you had a great time!!