This weekend we went to San Marcos to watch my brother play football against Texas State. It was a fun weekend and we got to see a lot of family and friends. We left on Friday and drove in terrible weather. It rained SOOO hard on us the entire way there. We didn't end up doing much on Friday since the weather was so bad. Layne was hoping to go over to the Wakeboarding park, but needless to say, the rain ruined that idea. When we got to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to see my Uncle Guy and Aunt Shannon who flew in from Las Vegas. They were so excited to come in an watch Jeff play football. We hung out with them at the hotel until our family friends, The Walton's, drove in from Fort Worth. Then once everyone was there we picked a place to eat dinner. Friday night we went to Roadhouse and then hung out at the hotel with everyone. It was so much fun to see everyone. Saturday morning we woke up to COLD weather. So we checked the weather before we left so that we could pack accordingly....the weatherman said that it was going to be 75 on Saturday...well HE LIED! It was sooo cold on Saturday....luckily I brought some warm clothes for the kids, but I did not pack hats or gloves or anything like that. We started tailgating on Saturday around 11. It was super fun, but pretty chilly. I really wished I had a hat for Ryleigh...what was I thinking?!?! So I just bundled Ryleigh up with a blanket. The football game against Texas State was awesome!!! We had so many people there to support my brother. Most of his games are in Louisiana or in East Texas, so since it was in San Marcos, a lot of our family and friends could come to the game. My brother's team was doing awful at one point...they were losing like 44-24, but somehow they all the sudden came back and it was 44-42. Then they tied it up...and went into over time. They had the ball first and scored a touch down. Then Texas State got the ball...they scored a touch down also, but MISSED the extra point!!!! WOOOHOOOO...they WON!!!! It was sooo awesome...and great since we had so many fans there. We spent Sunday shopping at the outlet mall. It was kinda rainy, but we still had a good time...Sunday was also my dad's birthday so we celebrated that with him as well. Here are some pics of our fun time in San Marcos.
Uncle Tommy, Uncle Guy, Dad (Greg)My dad and his two brothers
One flew in from Las Vegas and the other drove in from West Texas.





Jayce cheering on the Lions...he was so hilarious. He would yell when everyone would yell. He tried so hard to say "Go Lions!" and he would clap his hands and yell "touch down."


Scoreboards....1st one is when they caught up...it was a miracle!!! 2nd one is when they tied it up and the third is when they won in overtime!!!


















3 comments:
Looks like ya'll had a great time. Glad you did.
looks like you guys had fun! Such fun pics- wish I could squeeze your kiddos... love you kris!
Although I am a proud Bobcat Alum, I am so happy for your brother that they won! :) What a fun trip! I cheered many games in that stadium! Those were the days! :)
Post a Comment