Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fourth of July/Frio River

This Fourth of July, we went down to the Frio River with my parents. It was a nice get-away. We had a very relaxing time while we were there. It was rainy most of the days, but that didn't stop us from going and playing in the water. The rain really made all of us just want to sit and chill....it was nice to not have to do anything. We could just sit and read, or sit and watch the kids play, or take a nap if we felt like it. It was so awesome to be able to RELAX! The kids enjoyed getting all dirty and playing in the rain. Even though the water was cold in the river, they also loved being in that water! The first morning that Layne and I were there, Jayce, Ryleigh, Layne and I went walking down to the water and were just enjoying cool weather and outdoors......on our way back to the RV, Jayce yelled, "I'M IN HEAVEN!!!" It was hilarious!!!!! He absolutely loves being outdoors and so this was the coolest place for him to be! He could dig in the dirt, throw rocks in the water, play golf and kick the soccer ball all he wanted! Ryleigh really enjoys being outside also. She even took one her afternoon naps in her stroller outside. It was the only place we could get her to fall asleep.

I didn't really take any pictures except for one day, because I didn't want my camera to get wet. :)




Such amazing trees on the Frio!






Nana gave us super cool headbands to wear and glow sticks to use at night! They LOVED THEM!!!


That night we went to Utopia the town nearby to watch fireworks. It was so neat!! The kids enjoyed it. Ryleigh wasn't sure what was happening at first, but then she warmed up to it! Such a fun Fourth of July!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

So fun! We leave for the Frio on Sat. for 6 days! We are SO excited! Glad y'all had a happy 4th!

ashley said...

How much fun! I love the Frio river & look forward to taking Abigail someday!