In just a few days my baby boy, the boy who made me a Mom will be THREE years old! I just can't believe that that much time has already gone by! I sure miss having my "baby" boy, but am loving every minute of this "big" boy! So I decided to try and make him a "birthday" shirt instead of buying one. He's very into dragons and dinosaurs, so I wanted to incorporate one of those into the shirt. I also wanted to make him something that he could wear all year and not just one day. So to Hobby Lobby I went :) I found a very cute dinosaur and another applique that said, "I am Three". PERFECT! But....they didn't really go together and I was having a hard time getting what I wanted in my head to look what I wanted it to on the shirt. So I of course call my very good friend Erin, from Crafts and Sutch, to see what she thinks. To her rescue, she gave me some great ideas!
I hand stitched around the bubble to make it stand out more.
Next the Valentines Day shirts. I got this idea once again from my friend Erin. She's very crafty and always checking out people's blogs. She posted how to make shirts from freezer paper. So off to her house I went to get some guidance and to use her cricut machine :) So after our visit, I went home and got crafting.
First I ironed on the freezer paper. Make sure you put the shiny side down.
Then I painted fabric paint onto the stencil.
On the black shirt, I had to do several coats of the blue paint to make sure you couldn't see black under the blue. SO take that into account. I just let it dry some and then added more paint.
After a couple hours of drying, I peeled off the freezer paper. Very carefully. Then heated up the iron again heat set the paint.
All I have to do now is make Ryleigh's tutu and a bow to match her outfit. She sure is going to look cute :) Oh--Jayce is going to be a heart breaker too. HA!
4 comments:
Kris, you are such a dear to make me sound all crafty and stuff! :) The shirts turned out so cute and I'm glad I could help! Anytime, dear friend!
Those are awesome!! Stacy just got a cricuit, i need to show her your blog!! Cute, cute!
Super cute Kristyn! Ashley gave you a "shout-out" on facebook when a friend asked for a cute Valentine's shirt for a boy! She sent her the link to this post!! Very cute indeed!!!
Julie
LOVE< LOVE< LOVE these!!!!!!
Post a Comment