Monday, September 12, 2011

14 weeks

Last week I made an appointment with a new OBGYN here in Maryland.  The day of my appointment was a crazy one.  I had to drop Jayce off at Preschool, then go to a breakfast for all the parents, then head to my dr. appt with my new obgyn.  Just before I headed out to the doctor I was talking to a lady that I've become friends with and she started asking me where I was going to deliver.  Well as we started talking, she started to tell me that St. Mary's Hospital, which would be the one I would deliver in, is not a great hospital to have a C-Section in.  GREAT! I had not heard anything about anything yet and that was my first.  Not only does it not have a good reputation for women with C-Sections, a lady DIED there just last week after having one.  Sooooo.....this is what is on my mind as I head in for my FIRST appointment with this new doctor.  Not a very good start to say the least! So I get to the doctor's office and have to see the nurse practitioner.  There are three nurse practitioner's and three doctors...and anytime you come you could see ANY of them.  Not just one or two of them ANY of them.  And by the time I deliver I should have seen all three doctors because it could be any of the three that deliver me.  WHAT?!?! This is a completely NEW situation that I've never been exposed to before and I was not liking it at all.

So needless to say, this wasn't going well.  Pretty much the only good thing that happened was that I got to see the baby again.  It's always so amazing to see that life growing inside me! It never gets old and it is never awesome! The baby was moving all over the place.  The heartbeat was strong and the nurse said he/she looked great! We didn't get a very good picture to take home, but you can still tell that it's a baby!

Feet are on the left, and head is on the right :)
So after I finished up there, I was a bit of a wreck.  It was almost noon and at noon I was supposed to be picking up Jayce from his FIRST day of preschool!!! BUT I was about 20 minutes away and there was NO way that I would be getting there by noon.  So after driving like a crazy lady and arriving at his school at 12:10,  Jayce's first words to me were, "Mommy, you didn't come and get me."  AHHHH!!!!! Talk about ripping my heart out! I kept trying to tell him that I did come and get him, I was just running a little bit late.  But in the meantime, I was talking to his teacher who herself has SEVEN kids.  We were talking about why I was late and what hospital I was going to deliver in....she then proceeds to tell me that she's lived in this county for over 15 years and WOULD NOT deliver her kids in that hospital! She even went on to say that she would ONLY go there if it were an absolute emergency.  Another GREAT! What have I gotten myself into! So....needless to say I will not be delivering in that hospital and am on the hunt for another doctor who delivers at the other hospital in ANOTHER county.  This hospital is 45 minutes away, but there are doctors that come to the town which is across the bridge, so I would only have to drive about 15 minutes to the doctor when I went for check ups. Talk about a whirlwind! Oh----and just to top it all off, I was talking to another lady at church this past Sunday and she also told me that she knew of a lady who died at St. Mary's hospital after having a C-Section!! Sooooo, if that isn't enough info to keep me from delivering at that hospital, then I'm not sure what would be! So there you have it.  Crazy 14 week check up! Really wish I could just go to Texas and have my baby there :)
Photobucket

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Careful what you wish for! Remember I was visiting Texas for Christmas when I had Nixon ten weeks early after saying that exact same thing!! Hang in there. God has an amazing doctor picked out just for you!

Paige said...

Hang in there! You'll find someone! I have a girlfriend up in VA that drives about and hour for her appts. I know it's weird but normal up there.

Team Dale said...

oh man, what a day...good thing you found all this out early, rather than falling in LOVe with your team of doctors...you'll find the right place for baby #3.

Lacey said...

I am sorry Kristyn. That is frustrating. I know you will find the perfect doctor for that baby. Are you finding out the sex?!? Because from that picture it looks like I could take a pretty good guess. ;0)

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Kristyn thats nuts that people kept telling you the same thing! Hope you find someone else to go to quickly!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

That's crazy!!! Did you ask any of those ladies who there OB's are?