Tuesday, September 27, 2011

St. Mary's County Fair

This past weekend the county that we live in had their annual fair.  The county gets to into it that they actually cancel school on the Friday before the weekend.  I couldn't believe it! :) HA! Unfortunately, it was rainy all weekend and we weren't too sure that we were going to make it out there.  Not to mention, that I would be taking the kids out there by myself since Layne is in New Jersey for a while. Soooo....Jayce had gotten sick on Friday and so by Saturday we were really needing to get outside some do something! So going to the Fair was looking better and better.  Since it had been raining for several days, I knew that it was going to be pretty wet out.  So Jayce grabbed his rain boots and we made a stop at Wal-Mart to get Ryleigh some too.  I sure am glad that I made that choice! I saved lots of cleaning for me afterwards! There wasn't a whole lot there that I was into doing, but the kids LOVED seeing all the animals! We also stopped and watched the jousting tournament they had going on.  I had no idea that jousting was the STATE sport! How funny is that! Jayce thought that the jousting was pretty cool.  It's definitely not like the medieval jousting.  But still neat.  After seeing all the animals, we stopped to get a bit to eat and then we went on one more round of animal looking.  I was not about to go over to the rides.  Didn't want to spend the money and wasn't sure how I was going to ride a ride with Jayce and watch Ryleigh at the same time :) HA! So, we decided to head out.  While trying to get out of the parking lot, my huge expedition got sorta stuck in the mud of a parking lot! I was so scared and knew that we would never get out of there.  But a nice man gave me some advice and we were able to get out---spraying mud everywhere and getting it all over my car, but we got out! It was a nice little outing for us :)

 Mooooooo Cows!
 Quack Quack!!

 Oink Oink!
 Cute baby ducks
Gobble Gobble! 
I sure LOVE my little turkeys!! :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Paige said...

You are so brave! Good for you!!! Pregnant and all! Btw...you're kids are so adorable!

ChrissyK said...

How fun. I love the "quack quack" pic of Ryleigh checking out what big brother is doing.

You are so brave to go out and have adventures like you do. I wish I was more like that. You're a wonderful mommy and the new one is going to be just as lucky as Jayce and Ryleigh are to have you as their mommy.