Today Ryleigh had her own first real playdate. Yes she's gone on playdates before, but it wasn't like today. She's always played with friends who were Jayce's friends or group playdates....but today Ryleigh had her sweet friend Penny over. Penny is Ryleigh's first real friend. And as I found out today, Ryleigh is Penny's first real friend. Ryleigh talks about Penny all the time! She loves it when she gets to see her and asks several times a week if she can play with her. So, the other day I asked Penny's mom, Erin, if Penny could come over and play while the boys were in school. She gladly accepted :) Ryleigh was so super excited and so was Penny! The girls played GREAT together!!! They got out all her babies and took them on stroller rides through the apartment, they went to work, and ran errands with their babies. They also read books together and even got out her princess castle and played with that. It was so precious and I'm glad that Ryleigh is finally getting to do the things that Jacye has been able to do. I'm sure she felt very special having her own friend over WITHOUT her brother interrupting or telling her what to do and what to play with.
This next picture isn't from the playdate, but it's too cute not to add. Nana got Ryleigh a Christmas dress and it happened to have a matching dress for her baby doll. AND since Ryleigh is finally into playing with babies, she LOVED that she could match her baby. She has even asked for more matching dresses! Such a sweetie!





2 comments:
Hi Kristyn,
I found your blog and I just wanted to say that your kids are so cute!
My grandma always made matching dresses for my baby dolls when I was at Ryleighs age. I can imagine how much she loved that!
Cute! She is growing up way too fast. I LOVE the matching dress. Only way to top that... make one for you. :O)
Post a Comment