Monday, April 23, 2012

Easter....a little late


Hope everyone had a blessed Easter like we did! We celebrated a Risen Lord with friends and our sweet little family! I love that our kids could tell us what Easter was really about.  They had no idea an Easter bunny was supposed to come.  They did get Easter baskets, but Easter was all about Jesus dying on the cross and rising up three days later.  I tried to do several activities with them earlier that week so that we could discuss what Easter was all about.  My mom sent them The Jesus Storybook Bible and also a Veggietales Easter Movie.  They loved it.  They watched the Veggietales movie over and over and it told them the real story of Easter and their new bible is great too.  It is storylike and Jayce really loves reading it.  So each night leading up to Easter we would read the story that lead up to Easter too.  He would ask some great questions and I was very surprised at how much he understood and also surprised by the questions he asked me.  Sometimes they were hard and I had a hard time coming up with the right answer in language that he would grasp.  This was a great Easter for us! 
















Photobucket

1 comments:

Paige said...

Great Pics! Glad you had a great Easter!