skip to main |
skip to sidebar
On Monday Jayce had his first soccer practice. He was so excited about going and asked me all day if it was time for soccer. When we got there he did his usual...he got really nervous and shy. He even asked me in the car, "Mom, what happens if I don't score!?" Poor sweet boy! I told him it was just practice and that it didn't matter if he scored or not. We also talked about the bible verse that we sing about in the car. It's Philipians 4:6-7. It says, "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I just reminded him that he doesn't have to be nervous that God is with him and that he can ask God for strength. We prayed and he went out and played his heart out. It really changed his attitude. I was impressed with him. He's such a sweetie!!
He wants so badly to be great at soccer. He's just so cute. He also told me on Wednesday that he wants to grow up and play soccer like me. *heart melting*
He has one more practice before his first game. I am so excited to see him play. I know that it's totally going to be bumble bee soccer, but it's my sweet boy playing something that he loves. (And I love too :) )
1 comments:
AWW! So awesome! I hope he does well and also has a TON of FUN!!
Post a Comment