skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Our neighborhood recently redid our neighborhood pool. In past years there were two lap pools in the same complex that the neighborhood could use to swim. They used the lap pools also for swim lessons and swim team. But this past fall they started a project where they added two pools to the same complex for kids. One is a spash pool and the other is a shallow pool. I think the deepest it gets is 3 feet. So since the pools are so kid friendly, my kids LOVE going to the pool. We pretty much use all four pools. We like to pool hop during the day. Brynna also loves the pool so it makes going to the pool a lot of fun. It also makes it easier for me to take all three kiddos by myself. I generally go to the pool when I know that some of my girlfriends are going to be going as well. That way if I need someone to hold Brynna or whatnot I have a little bit of help. But the kids have done great this summer with getting more comfortable with the water. I think next summer we will try swim lessons for both of them and then hopefully they both will be able to swim well. So far this summer, both kids will swim with floaties of some sort. Jayce loves to use his goggles (which he calls gobbles) and swim with his face under the water. But he gets will pretty much only do that in the pools where he can touch the bottom. Every now and then he will put his face in the water and swim in the deeper pools. And for the first time a couple weeks ago, Ryleigh actually got comfortable enough to put her face in the water. I was soooo shocked, because she's pretty adamant about NOT putting her face in the water. But she decided all on her own to do it, so we praised her a bunch!
Our pool opens every day at 11, so we normally pack lunches and stay until about 2. That wears the kids out enough to get some good naps in after we get back home.
1 comments:
Fun! I love pools!
Post a Comment