Monday, May 5, 2008

EWWWW WORK!!

So today was my first day back at work. It was pretty much the worst day of my life!!! I cried the entire drive to work. Then when I go there it got even worse. So I thought that I was going to be back in my room teaching my 8th graders---which would not be bad, I was prepared for that. BUT NO!!! To my surprise--they put me in another teachers classroom for the next week!!!! I am STUCK with 7th graders until sometime next week. AHHH.....This is not what I was thinking at all.

So my plan that I had come up with for pumping was not going to work at all. I was really stressing out this morning. I pretty much cried nonstop from 7:45 until 9:00. I now am just "winging it" with 7th graders that I do not know at all until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Then I think that I will be able to go back to my own classroom and teach my own students. I really do love my department chair though....she came to my rescue. She allowed me to vent to her this morning after such a bad morning.

So that was pretty much it. A few other things happened...but I don't want to sound like a whiner. :) I sure was glad to see Jayce at 4:30 this afternoon. He gave me the biggest smile and it pretty much wiped away all my bad thoughts of the day. Only 19 more days to go.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day! That stinks. I'm glad Jayce cheered you up when you got home. You'll be done before you know it.

Rachel Cobb said...

I cannot believe that you weren't with your kids! Keep it up, you will perservere! Love you, I'm praying for you!

Lacey said...

Sorry about your first day back. Was yesterday any better?? Hope you have figured out when to pump, and hope it gets easier. Just think only 18 more days- it will fly by.