Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weaning

Just before Jayce turned 5 months old he started to not want to nurse anymore. I was really getting frustrated with him and just did not know what to do. I was pumping all the time and when he would nurse I of course would let him. Then one day he refused to nurse ALL day. This continued for two days! I was sooo upset and could not believe that he didn't want me anymore. He did this for a couple days and I had to give in and give him some formula. Then just one day he nursed in the morning, but wouldn't nurse any other time during the day. I finally gave up and went with what he wanted. It just wasn't worth the battle anymore. So my 5 1/2 month old baby is now not nursing anymore :(

As I cried about it for a couple days, I then realized that I have to go back to work in less than a month. I am kinda thinking that God had something to do with it. I was worried about how I was going to nurse until I went to work and then all the sudden stop. I was a little freaked out and just didn't know how everything was going to work. Thank goodness God is so helpful and takes care of all our worries. I should have known that he would take care of me. He always does.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I cried when gavin weaned himself also. You did awesome nursing him as long as you did. I must admit I'm a little jealous that you dodn't have to pump anymore- I hate that thing!!

Emily said...

Amen! Things worked out, and you did great to do it as long as you did. And yes about the pumping... it's NO fun.

ChrissyK said...

Ok, I agree with these ladies...God did have you in mind and your worries about school starting...being able to pump and nurse and all that. So...you did good. I guess Jayce may also just think that blended carrots are more fun and messy than milk. :) A typical boy...always choosing to go the messy way.