Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Tree Farm

Today we went to the Christmas Tree Farm to go and cut down our Christmas tree for this year. The trees were terrible this year. I guess due to the hurricane a lot of the trees were damaged and very sparse on one side of them. So we had slim pickings this year. I was excited to take Jayce to do our family tradition of cutting down our tree. Layne and I started this tradition our first year of marriage and will continue until we get too old to cut down a tree. Jayce had not had a very good nap today, so he wasn't in that good of a mood. He slept most of time during the Christmas tree hunt, but Layne and I will remember it. Layne had a cute idea of putting Jayce next to one of the small trees and taking a picture. Jayce looked so cute, he would not touch the tree though. He did not like it all when I put his hand on the tree. Here are some pictures of our day and the finished product.


Our Growing Family

Tired of looking for a tree


On the Turkey
Thinking about cutting down his own tree



Jayce with the Charlie Brown tree

Layne cutting down our tree

centimeters from the ceiling

Before decorating the tree


The finished product!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

5 comments:

Jess Richey said...

Great pictures!! We thought the trees were pretty sad this year too!

schmidt said...

Where is this? I'd love to do this one day with my two.

BTW, is that a real saw in that baby's hands?!!!

ChrissyK said...

Very fun. I love the pics of Jayce with the Charlie Brown trees. Great idea! I think it is a pic definitly worth printing and framing.

Paige said...

How cute! We put our tree up and Zoie could care less about it...it's just not fun if she can't pull something off of it!

Emily said...

What a great day for getting a tree! We sill haven't decorated yet. I need to get moving!