Sunday, March 22, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

This is a little late, but here's what Layne and I did for our anniversary. To start it off, Layne took me out to dinner. I had no idea where we were going. We turned into The Egg and I and I was totally confused. I said to Layne--"uh, isn't this restaurant closed?" I was in for a huge surprise. One of our good friends is a partial owner of the Egg and I and Layne asked him if he would open the restaurant for us and cook us dinner. We had the ENTIRE restaurant to ourselves AND our own personal chef!!! It was totally amazing!!! I had no idea that my husband could be so creative and romantic! Josh, our chef, started our meal off with wine, cheese, strawberries and grapes. Next, we had Stuffed French Toast along with bacon and eggs. Dessert included 30th Anniversary Cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory with coffee. It was just perfect!!! Layne did great with the table decorations. He brought our wine glasses from our wedding, candles from our rehearsal dinner, five roses (one for each year), rose petals, and a pretty tablecloth. Layne also had Josh put candles all around the room we were in and rose petals on the floor from the door of the restaurant to the room that we ate in. I have the best husband in the world!!





The next part of our anniversary weekend included driving to Fort Worth and dropping our sweet baby boy off with some family friends. They kept him Saturday night and Sunday during the day. Layne and I went and stayed Saturday night at the Gaylord Texas Hotel in Grapevine, Texas. It was really neat. The entire hotel is indoors, but you totally feel like you are outdoors. We walked around the hotel and just enjoyed our time together. We ate at two of the restaurants there and then shopped in their shops. Then on Sunday, Layne had another surprise for me. We checked out of the hotel at 11:00 and had to be somewhere at 2:00. Again, I had no idea where we were going. So, Layne and I wend to the Grapevine Mall to kill some time. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe and did some shopping for our two babies. We got some GREAT deals at Carters and Children's Place. We got like 20-25 different things and only spent about $70. We were totally impressed!! So then we were off to my final surprise for the weekend! Layne took me to the Majestic Theater in Dallas where we saw the musical "The Pajama Game". It was soooo cute!!



Thank you Grandma Linda and Grandpa Buddy for keeping Jayce!!!

I have to say. This was one of the greatest weekends we've ever had! Layne did such a great job planning everything. He's the man of my dreams and I appreciate all he did for us. I LOVE YOU!!!!

7 comments:

Charli said...

Y'all are both so precious! I love what Layne did for your anniversary! That was awesome. I am impressed. :)

Lorren Says... said...

Sounds fabulous!! What a great guy! Happy late anniversary.

Jacob and Emily said...

Wow, I am incredibly impressed! I hope my husband pulls out a few stops this summer for our first anniversary! Good job Layne.

Lacey said...

Awww.awww....go Layne! I am impressed. Looks like you guys had an amazing anniversary!! What a neat hotel and I love musicals. And Egg and I to yourselves?? What a treat!! I am sure he made you feel so special!! Happy belated anniversary!

Tanya said...

Wow!!! I am so jealous. We barely even ate dinner together : )

ashley said...

I'm impressed!! Layne is so creative and romantic!! Looks like you guys enjoyed your weekend away!!

Paige said...

aww....wow, that was impressive work on Layne's part. Tell him I am proud of him for always treating his beautiful wife like the queen she is! :)