Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

This Easter was special just like our Easters in the past, but this Easter we got to celebrate it with our new little girl. This was Ryleigh's first Easter and it was of course great!! We continue to count our blessings!

On Friday, Jayce and I dyed Easter eggs. I hadn't done this in a long time, and so I had forgotten that you needed vinegar to dye the eggs. Of course I didn't have any. So after Ryleigh woke up from her nap, we walked up to Kroger and got some. Then we got to dye our eggs. It was neat to see how Jayce wanted to do everything!! It was hard to allow him to do it all, so I would help him drop the eggs into the dye and then after they dried, he decorated them with stickers. SO much fun!!!

Saturday, we got up and went over to Layne's parents house. There is a church that puts on this carnival/easter egg hunt for anyone. We got there just in time for the egg hunt, and then thought we could do the fun activities after the hunt. Little did we know that they were shutting everything down as soon as the egg hunt was over. CRAZY!! So we didn't get to do much. After that we went to lunch and then came home to do some much needed yard work!!!



Sunday, after the kids got up, they got to see what the Easter bunny brought them and then we got ready for church. After church, the kids got to do an easter egg hunt. It was so much fun to watch Jayce run all over the place looking for eggs. We hadn't done one at home yet, so it was a good practice run :) Jayce thought it was really cool to find the eggs that were hard to get. The ones up high or in a bush. I guess he liked the challenge. After church we came home and both my parents and Layne's parents came over to OUR house for Easter. This is a first!! We always go over to someone else's house and this year I suggested coming to mine and everyone agreed. It was really nice not to have to go anywhere, but it was also hard since it was my job to cook. Everyone brought something so that really helped. I really enjoyed having our families at our house this Easter. After we ate lunch, we hid eggs and then Jayce hunted them in our backyard. Such a great time!!! We are so blessed to be so close to our families!!!




2 comments:

ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter! I bought stuff to dye eggs with Abigail, but didn't find time to get it done! Maybe next year...

andie said...

Ryleigh's sleepy face with her Easter surprise is absolutely precious! what a cutie!