Friday, April 2, 2010

A little late---9 months old

Ryleigh was 9 months old on March 16, but I am sooooo super slow at updating this blog!!! She went to her check up about a week and a half ago and it went very well. The doctor told me that, "She's perfect." And he's completely right!!! She is absolutely perfect. I love her more and more every day!!

At her check up she weighed: 19lbs 12oz and she is 28inches long. She's in the 50-75 percentile for both. At nine months Jayce weighed 19lbs and was 29 1/4 inches long. So Ryleigh is a little bit chubbier, but she's also NOT moving around. Jayce was crawling at this point and starting to stand up. So he was working off that food he was eating. Ryleigh just likes to be waited on. She is pushing herself backwards and getting stuck under the table. She also really likes to stand up, but can't do it herself. She will stand at her play table and play, but sometimes forgets that she's standing and will fall down. She absolutely hates to fall down. She cries like she's been hurt, but I think she's just a drama queen. Starting out early.

In the last week she has decided that baby food is for babies and that is not what she is. She wants to eat whatever we are eating. That has made things a little tough, but I think it will be easy in the end. She has eaten almost an entire grilled cheese sandwich, pulled pork, baked beans, mixed veggies, spaghetti, spaghettio's, banana, yogurt, waffles, cereal bar, chicken nuggets, real peaches, turkey, cheese, bread, macaroni and cheese.... I'm sure there is more to come. Ryleigh has also learned how to say, "All done"....she shakes her hand and says, "Ahhhh dahhhn." Very cute!!! We are in the process of teaching her how to drink from a sippy cup and how to feed herself. She struggles with actually getting the food in her mouth. She can put her hand to her mouth, but can't get the food in there. She also won't drink a bottle during the day when Jayce is up. She has to have her eyes on him pretty much all the time. She is completely infatuated with him!! Loves everything that he does. They are just the cutest together.

We recently took family pictures, but haven't gotten them back yet. So once we get them I'll put up the ones that we love, until then here's what I've gotten recently.


Ryleigh, like her brother, likes anything musical. She enjoys dancing to music, playing music and I'm sure she will be singing before we know it.
Here's a pic of my cute boy. He really enjoys drawing on his doodle pro....he told me that he drew a lion, Sissy and an elephant. I don't exactly see any of those things, but I sure am glad he's using his imagination!! Just the cutest!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I cannot believe what all Ryleigh is eating...Morgan still won't eat all of that stuff! I'd say it makes it alot easier to feed her that instead of baby food!
And sweet Jayce...love his drawings. He drew those same circles in Morgan's playhouse with the sidewalk chalk..it's like he left his signature behind!

schmidt said...

Wow! I can't believe your little Ry girl is already 9 months old. My Ri girl will be 3 next month (tear). The kids are precious -- they'll look like twins one day! :)