Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Toddler Bed/Memorial Weekend

Well, I don't know if I'm crazy or just stupid. Layne and I decided to change Jayce's bed to a toddler bed. Why??? Not really sure....just figured it was sorta time to teach him how to sleep in a 'real' bed. He never climbed out or anything, but for a while he would wake up in the middle of the night crying and not want to get back in his bed. So he would get into bed with us and finally fall asleep after a LONG time. I didn't want this to become a habit, so we decided that we needed to do something! Also, when we travel, he's getting a little to small or the pack-n-play.

Well it has been tough!! We threatened him with spankings if he got out of his bed. He's got that down. He doesn't get out, but he has been crying at night. He'll wake up in the middle of the night several times and be crying for me or Layne. So we go in there, calm him down and then he wants us to sit next to him while he goes back to sleep. Sometimes this takes forever! I don't know if he's falling out of his bed, (his doesn't have any sort of railing on it) or if he's just waking up and then deciding that he doesn't want to go back to sleep. It is sooooo tiring for me. Especially if Ryleigh decides to wake up in the middle of the night as well.

I've asked my Dad to make him a bed rail that matches his bed. I'm hoping that this somewhat helps. I don't know what else to do. I sure hope he's not falling out of bed, but I have no way of knowing. When he does wake up crying, a lot of times he is standing beside his bed, but he won't leave his room. So, I'm just confused.

On another note, Memorial weekend we went down to Palacios, TX for a family reunion. It was fun to see people in Layne's family that we had not seen and also to show off our kids. We had not been since we've had our kids, so it was time to show everyone how cute they are. It worked...everyone commented on how cute they are. :) While we were there we stayed in this bay house. It was not a bad place to stay. It was nice that it had a pier so that Layne, his dad and Jayce could fish on. Jayce LOVES to fish! He got pretty good at casting his line out. We took his hook off and he had a fake fish on it. It was a great way for him to practice without hooking himself or someone else. The guys caught several fish and Layne's mom even caught a sting ray. It was neat.


We visited their very small beach!
Ryleigh liked playing in the sand, but she was very tired. That's why she has a binky in her mouth :)
Layne took Jayce in a kayak and he loved it!!! The life jacket that we had was a little too big, but he didn't care. He enjoyed being on the "boat". It looks dark, but the sun had started going down and so that's why it looks so dark out.
Sporting our patriotic colors on Memorial Day!

Not too sure what to think about this.....
This was our shower/toilet at the bay house. We weren't sure if we should think that it was ingenious or disturbing.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

In the process of moving hadley to a big girl bed. Not looking forward to the transition. She climbs in and out of her crib so well now, I probably would be safe to just let her continue. But I can't live in denial forever, she is getting too big for a crib. Wahhh. Love all the pictures. Love their patriotic get up too. Cute, cute!

ChrissyK said...

When we moved Caitlyn to her big girl bed... we did just the mattress on the floor... that way it wouldn't be so bad if she did happen to roll off of it. Didnt make for a cute bedroom... but we never had any problems that I can think of.
Good Luck! :O)

Jen said...

I'm too worried to even go there yet with Morgan! She will just sit up and read all night I know!
Looks like Memorial Day was fun; loved the patriotic outfits!

ashley said...

Looks like you guys enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend! Good luck with the toddler bed transition, Jayce will get used to it. James & I moved Abigail into a toddler bed before she learned to climb out of her crib. Thankfully, she can't open doors yet, so she stays in her room until we come get her.