Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not All Girl

All the time.  She sure is girly.  Ry loves to carry her purse around, wear necklaces, bracelets, putting on Mrs. Potato head earrings, wearing pretty shoes, wearing bows, and playing with her babies. BUT this girl also LOVES to be outside-playing in the sand, jumping on the trampoline, riding on the four wheeler, or trying to do whatever big brother is doing.






This girl is also QUITE the chatterbox!!!!! Oh my goodness I never knew that little girls at the age of 15 months could say so many words! Jayce was never quite this talkative, so I never really had much to compare to. I'm going to try my best at getting down as much as she can say.  I also really need to get some of it on video, because it's quite hilarious!!

*mama, mommy, daddy, bubba (for Jayce), doggie, no-no, outside, num-num(when eating something she really loves), Nana, nana(for banana), Pop, PawPaw, juice, binky, blankey, night-night, bye-bye, love you, juice, that, backpack, baby, all done, blue clues, poo-poo (says this when she toots or actually poops), uh-huh, sock, shoe, car, Buzz, bed, book, jump, Ry-Ry, mine, boo.  There's probably some more that I've forgotten, but the list is quite long.

We have this CD that we listen to in the car and it has 5 little Monkeys on it and she does a pretty awesome job of singing the song.  I really need to get that on video.  Totally cute! Ryleigh also can point to various body parts and say what they are.  She points to her nose and says, "Nooo" her mouth and says, "mou" her belly and says "belby"and her head and says, "hea".  They are all very cute when she does it.  She will also point to your nose, mouth, head and belly. She is also learning where her hand, foot and eyes are.  Ryleigh can also do the animal noises for a cow, horse(which she says "yee-haw" instead of neigh), chicken, duck, and dog.  This girl has also started putting a few words together and even sometimes will say "I" before something.  Two of the cutest things she has started doing is when I tell her something, for example, "Ryleigh that's a cat", she looks at me and says, "ohhh".  SOOO cute!!!  Also, if I ask her a question, she will look at me and say, "Ummmm...". Also very cute!!! 

Finally we started doing sleep training with her this week and to my absolute surprise, she has done VERY well!! I've rocked her to sleep pretty much every time she has gone to sleep since she was born.  Well she was starting to manipulate the rocking. I would rock her to sleep and then after I put her in her bed she would wake up and want to be rocked more.  So we had to put an end to that.  We decided to start putting her to bed a little bit earlier also.  She's been getting really sleepy and fussy around 7ish, so about 7:30 we've been putting her to bed. At night she goes around to everyone gives them kisses and tells them night-night.  Then she and I go into her room and we read one book and then I just put her into her bed.  She hasn't even fussed much!! I was so impressed.  Last night she talked to herself for about 30 minutes and then went to sleep, but NO crying! Yep---she's a rockstar :)
Photobucket

1 comments:

Paige said...

Wow! That's a GREAT vocab for her age! What a smart girl!!!