Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

This past weekend, Layne and I went on a little getaway for our anniversary.  We dropped the kids off at Mother's Day Out on Thursday and then headed out to Pedernales Falls State Park.  It was nice.  I was a little nervous about camping for our anniversary, but it was nice to be away from everything.  We got to relax and go at our own pace.  Thursday we just enjoyed the outdoors and stayed at the camp ground.  Then Friday we got up, made breakfast and then headed to Fredricksburg for a wine tour.  We did a little shopping before the tour and ate lunch at Fredricksburg Brewery.  YUMMY.  It was a really great day.  We visited 3 winery's and all had some good wine.  My favorite was Grape Creek Winery.  I'm into sweet red wines right now and they had a very good one.  I think though that if we do it again, we will just drive to the winery's that we want to visit and not do a tour.  It was good for our first trip though.  Saturday, we packed up camp and headed into San Marcos.  We visited the outlet mall and then headed up to Texas Ski Ranch.  Layne loves to go wakeboarding there.  It is a cable park and all around a pretty neat place.

We are so lucky to have parents who are willing to watch our kids! So a huge thanks to both sets of grandparents for taking turns watching the kids! I know that they had a blast with each of you!





"The Falls" It is known for flash flooding. It was pretty low that day.









Friday:






Saturday:






While Layne did that, I laid out and read some more :) Such a great, quiet, relaxing trip!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Paige said...

Ahhh...that looks nice!

ChrissyK said...

See, ya'lls camping trip was nice. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

What book were you reading?

ChrissyK said...

Also... Happy Anniversary to you two!

ashley said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Good for you for taking a little trip & getting away alone!