Thursday, June 9, 2011

1st ER trip

Well this past Sunday was a doozy for us! We were in the process of changing Jayce's crib/toddler bed into a full size bed.  So while Layne and I were outside trying to get the footboard part of his crib out of the attic, we hear blood curling screaming coming from inside the house! Worst noise ever! So we run into the house to find Jayce who was jumping on his old toddler mattress (which he had just been told to not do) and somehow fell into his new toybox that my dad had built.  I am guessing he hit the corner or the toybox.  I really didn't think it was too bad because it wasn't bleeding very much.  So I took him across the street to my neighbor who is a paramedic.  She looked at it and said it looked pretty deep and thought that we should get at least one stitch so that it wouldn't scar too bad.  So off to urgent clinic we went....or so I thought.  I had never been to an urgent clinic before and thought that I was going to one.  The sign said urgent care/ER.  Well I guess it's urgent care during the day and ER at night or something like that...not really sure.  All I'm sure of is that it cost me $100!! He ended up getting three stitches and was sooooo brave!!! I was so impressed with my three year old!! He of course did cry when they put the stitches in.  They strapped into this straight jacket looking thing so that he couldn't move at all.  Then numbed the area where they were going to put the stitches.  He laid there and cried some, but I think it was because he was freaked out.  I kept calming him down and then we were finally done.  After they let him out of the straight jacket he was totally cool.  He has been terrified of bandaids until this accident.  I have no idea why, but he thought they were awful.  But this time he has done so well with letting me change his bandaid.  I bought him some spiderman ones and he's thought that was pretty cool. So now we are just waiting until Friday to get them out.  Oh---well we are waiting till Friday to get the ONE that is left in taken out.  Yes he started with THREE, but the second night somehow two of them came out.  Not really sure how that happened, but he's down to just one stitch.  I guess the DR at the ER wasn't as good as we thought.  OH Well....live and learn!

 Headed to Urgent Care....not wanting to go to the doctor at all!!
 Waiting...oh so patiently!!!!
Three stitches later and a bit of a swollen face.  But he's doing well and ready to go again!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Team Dale said...

oh man...glad little man is okay...

Paige said...

Such a brave boy! Kids are so funny about band-aids. Zoie can't stand them but Rylie always wants one!