Friday, June 24, 2011

Dora Birthday Party

I didn't do as much decorating for this party as I wish, but we had a lot going on during the time.  We had three of our nephew's in town prior to the party,  a lot of showings on the house and a lot of thinking about the whole moving thing.  Soooo....this is all I really was able to do.  Plus we decided to make it a pool party and so there wasn't much decorating we could have done outside.  Despite all that, Ryleigh LOOOVEDD her Dora party and that's all that really matters :)

We decided to make it pretty much a family party since it was going to probably be the last time we were going to get to see everyone before Layne left for his new job.  This was going to also be the last big family party we were going to be able to have for a while too.  We were very blessed to have so many people come and celebrate Ryleigh and us leaving....well that sounded weird, not that they were celebrating us leaving, but our new adventure :) HA!

Birthday Banner I made Ry using my awesome Silhouette SD Cutting machine! I so love that machine :)




 Had to include our picture that we took with Dora!
 Grammie made us some super yummy strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting! They were a hit! And most importantly Ryleigh loved them!
 Birthday girl sporting her homemade outfit! I made her shirt and Nana made the skirt.  The right side of her shirt has her name on it using heat transfer material.  People were wanting around $55 on Etsy for this outfit and I made it for much much less! :)

 Chowing down on some fajitas!


 Loves that he can swim with floaties! Doesn't care at all that they are pink! :)

 Some of our party animals....Lance (Layne's cousin), Amy...Lance's wife...who is expecting and due the end of October!, Uncle Clint...Diane's brother, and Nana...Layne's mom.
 Uncle Jeff...my brother and Pawpaw...my dad!
 And the kids...oh yes that is an adult having fun with the kids! That's Tim, Layne's good friend :)


 And this is what Ryleigh thought of all the waves after they would all jump in...look at how the looks on her face progress...PRICELESS!
 Loving the nose scrunching going on here!
 Watching her open presents was great this year! After she opened each present she told whoever gave it to her 'thank you'....so sweet! Her expressions opening them was awesome too! She very frequently said, "Wow! Super cool!"






 Her favorite gift....her Dora doll....she sleeps with it each night and loves to take her places!
 This diva wants her nails painted almost every day :)

 To finish off the party we did some pinata hitting!




Happy 2nd birthday sweet girl! You are one amazing little girl.  Lots of people love you a whole whole bunch!!! I am so thankful that God chose us to be your parents for the last two years! We are blessed to have you in our lives!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Ryleigh! It looks like it was perfect, my dear! :) Love y'all!

Lacey said...

Can NOT believe she is TWO!! Love that first close up of her nails with the cupcake. So stinkin' cute. And I love that she got the Jesse doll from toy story. That is exactly what ellie got and loved when she turned two. Funny how they love everything their big brothers do. I love that!! Looks like a great birthday!!