Tuesday, October 4, 2011

18 weeks

Okay, so lots of you have been asking for pics of my baby bump.....Layne's been out of town for the last two weeks and I wasn't sure how I'd get a decent pic of the bump.  So while we were in New Jersey this past weekend, Layne happened to take a pic of me.  Definitely NOT the best and there's junk all around the hotel room, but here ya go! :)

Now this is late in the evening and I'm sitting down.  So the bump is bigger than it really is. As of now, I can feel the baby moving pretty well.  Really feel it moving at night time or if I'm relaxing while the kids are taking naps. It's starting to get more real :) I'm supposed to be scheduling my 2nd trimester ultrasound, but just haven't yet. I'm bummed that Layne might not be able to come and I'm still struggling with the big question....to find out or to not find out!! This of course would be the best time to not find out since we have one of each, BUT I didn't tell anyone before, but when I went to the doctor at my 14 week appointment...the one that was awful...well what also made it even more awful was that the nurse told me what she thought I was having without even asking me if I wanted to know.  So I have in the back of my mind what the nurse thought it was and so I'm now wondering if she was right or not.  Also, what happens if the baby isn't what the nurse thought it was......am I going to be bummed? Anyways....still trying to decide...to find out or to not find out :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

ChrissyK said...

To find out or not... my vote is to go either way. You're right that if there was a time to not know, this would be it. BUT... I had a 3rd and I HAD to find out. I had no patience. I think I just wanted to be prepared. SOMEONE in our house was sharing a room and so I needed to get the clothes in that room. Also we had a down syndrome scare... so while we were looking into that, we found out what we were having.

But, of course, I would love to live vicariously through you and be surprised.

What ever you decide will be awesome for you. :O) Happy for you guys!

Paige said...

I say go for the surprise!!!!