Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

Tonight was the kids first time to ever go Trick or Treating.  I know, I know, you are probably thinking we are crazy....but when we lived in Texas we took them to a Fall Festival and before that they were too young to do anything.  So Yes, this was the first year that they went trick or treating.  :) We decided to go to the neighborhood that we are building in.  The kids thought that it was so fun to go from house to house and ring people's doorbells (or as Ryleigh called it--a ding button).  We only went do about 2 different streets and they had reached their max for candy.  So after that we decided to stop by our pastor's house.  They were sitting outside with a fire going and passing out candy.  Us and another family were there chatting with them.  It was a nice end to our trick or treating evening.  The kids had a blast and only got scared once by a scary costume.  While we were trick or treating, a man was sitting outside in a pretty scary costume passing out candy.  He had a strobe light going and smoke that would every so often start going.  Jayce was not at all about to go up to him to get candy.  He wanted to just skip that house and go to the next :) Ryleigh said that he was a bad guy and we didn't need to go there. :) They were funny!

Before we went trick or treating, we finally go to carving their pumpkins.  I wasn't going to do any carving this year, but Jayce asked me today if we could carve his pumpkin so we did.  I did all the cutting, but he told me exactly what he wanted on his pumpkin.  Ryleigh did the same.  Jayce wanted NOTHING to do with getting all the guts out of the pumpkin, where Ryleigh thought it was cool to grab the goo.  Silly kiddos! I thought that they did a good job at picking out what they wanted for their pumpkins. Hope you all had a great Halloween too.



 They both wanted their letters on the back of their pumpkins :)
 Here's Minnie Mouse getting into character to go Trick or Treating
 They weren't very excited at all about going. HA!



Pretty successful night if I say so myself! They had a GREAT TIME!!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jocelyn said...

SOOOOOO cute! We did T-o-T for the first time this year too and it was a HUGE success!!
I love the size of their pumpkins too- I may have to look for some a little smaller like that next year- perfect for little people!
Glad you guys had a great Halloween in normal, cool fall weather!