Check this totally awesome girl out!!!! She has been wearing ONLY panties for the last 2 1/2 weeks!!!! She's a super rockstar in my book!
See No Diapers on this girl anymore!
One day she decided that she wanted to wear panties and we haven't gone back since! I thought well, since you want too and since we are in an apartment right now--this would be the best time to do it! She can ruin their carpet and not mine when we move into the new house :) HA! She has done amazingly awesome!!! Yes she has had a few accidents, but for the most part she goes all day, every day with no accidents!I do have to tell one really hilarious story! Last week, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner as a family. Ryleigh was sitting next to Layne in the booth and she looked over at him and said, "WOAH Daddy, that was a really BIG poop!" With huge eyes, he looked at her and said, "Um, Ry--did you just poop in your pants?" And sure enough she had. Luckily, I brought some clean clothes with me so Ryleigh and I headed off to the restroom to clean her up. While we were in the bathroom, I was trying to clean her panties out in the toilet...trying to save them from having to be thrown away. She was already devastated that her panties had poopoo in them. I flushed the toilet, trying to get some clean water in there to continue my cleaning--and to mine and Ryleigh's surprise, the flush was so strong that it ripped the panties right out of my hand and sucked them down the toilet! I was trying soooo hard not to laugh, but Ryleigh was super upset. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, where did my yellow panties GO??" I looked at her and said, "They went down the potty. When you poop in your panties, they have to go in the trash." Still trying to keep a straight face, which was very hard. It was the funniest thing and I wasn't expecting it AT ALL!! Ryleigh was completely devastated now. We dressed her and then went to go and find Daddy. She cried the whole way....when we got back to our table Layne asked her why she was crying. She then proceeded to tell him with her eyes angrily looking at me and her nose scrunched up, "MOMMY, put my panties in the TRASH!"
OH it was soooo funny!!!! But I think it was a lesson well learned for her. Since then she has not pooped in her panties. :) The other night we were at small group and she really needed to go potty. She was standing on the stairs and crying. Layne went to her and asked her what was wrong. All she would tell him was that her bottom hurt! I asked her if she needed to go potty and she shook her head. As soon as we go to potty, she sure enough pooped. I think she was squeezing her butt shut so that she wouldn't poop in her pants again! HA!!! So funny!
I'm really hoping that this sticks. She has done so great and I'm so proud of her. She naps with no pull-ups on. I do put a pull-up on her at night, but most mornings she wakes up with it completely dry. It's kinda sad, but she's going to be night trained before Jayce is. Silly boy. So now for a while, we will actually be diaper free for a few months before our sweet baby arrives. We won't know what to do :)





4 comments:
THAT IS AWESOME!!! What a big girl. Enjoy the diaper free days...it won't be long until you have diapers again. ;)
wow! way to go girl!!! i wish i had kids that were so attached to their panties-- or in this case right now their underware (it's Adrian and he's a boy, so panties is kinda not the right word). that story made me laugh out loud!
Wow! Go You and Ryleigh!! So proud of you keeping a straight face with the panty swallowing toilet! I would of burst out laughing!
While there are no diapers, save the diaper money for the next one. When is the baby due? My daughter-in-law is due the last week in April-first week in May.
Post a Comment