Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Allergic Reaction?!

Alright, last week when we went to the doctor for Jayce's six month check up he told me that I could start feeding him meats. I was a little shocked and not quite sure if we should do this. I waited a week or so and tonight I decided to have him try meat. (Still very unsure if I should feed him this or not, but the doctor said that he should eat it.) I gave him chicken and like normal he ate his peas and some bananas. He wasn't quite sure if he liked the meat, but he ate most of it. I had to do a lot of tricking by giving him the chicken between bites of the peas and bananas.

About 1o minutes or so after he ate, Layne came in from mowing the front yard and asked me what the heck I gave Jayce to eat. (I was in the middle of cooking our dinner and Jayce was in the living room on the floor.) I looked out from the kitchen and looked at Jayce---I totally freaked out!!! His face had red blotches ALL over it!!!!!! I could only think that the chicken did it to him. I really didn't know what to do--so I called my mom. She said to watch him and if it got any worse to call the doctor or even take him to the ER. I felt like such a horrible Mom!!! What had I done to my child??!

He really didn't act like anything was bothering him. He played normal, but he sure didn't look very normal. Poor guy!!! About 30 minutes or so passed by and his face was going back to normal. By the time we put him to bed tonight he seemed totally okay. I don't know what to do or to think. Do I give him chicken again? Do I wait longer before I give him meat? Is my doctor NUTS??? I just DONT KNOW!!!!! Anyways---here are some pics of the poor little guy. The pictures don't really do justice to what he looked like in person. I just can't believe how bad it looked and how fast it went away. If you have any suggestions or advice I would LOVE to hear it!!

4 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

I have never heard of a chicken reaction, but hey, it could happen. I would just try it again and see if it does the same thing again. Next time though, try chicken mixed with apples and stuff like that. My girls loved that. Much better than just chicken by itself.

ChrissyK said...

I think I would wait a bit...and then try it again...just to make sure and verify.

that is odd though...but dont feel bad...you didnt know. I think you're a great mom.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, the EXACT same thing happened to Masie when she was young with cheese. Any kind. So we just didn't give her dairy, and she drank soy milk. She's fine now and loves cheese.

As for the chicken reaction, that's weird. Tracy Elliott is allergic to all poultry. I think her throat closes or gets itchy or something. You should talk to her.

I'm so glad he's okay now!! Keep us posted on how things go.

Rachel Cobb said...

poor baby! I would have freaked out too!