Wednesday, January 14, 2009

17 week check-up

Today I went to the doctor for my 17 week check up. It was supposed to be a 16 week check up, but I had to postpone it for some reasons. So Layne and I went in to see Dr. Strong. Everyone knows that I have been DYING to know what this baby is. I have no idea why I have wanted to know so badly, but I sure have. So I was telling Dr. Strong how much I wanted to know and he said, "Well I have some time, so let's go and take a peek." Let me just tell you that I LOVE DR. STRONG!!!!! I never in my wildest dreams thought that he would do an ultrasound early to peek at what the sex is. So we peeked and as he said, "I'm leaning towards a girl." Definitely not official----but holy cow!!!! We are probably having a GIRL!!! WOOOHOOO! We will have a family of four---one of each. How blessed are we! I will let you all know for sure when we go back in three weeks for my official 20 week ultrasound. Everything else is going well. She moves a lot, but I still haven't really felt her. I sometimes think that I do, but no big movements yet. So there you have it. Have a great rest of the week--I know we will :)

5 comments:

Jacob and Emily said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting - what a wonderful doctor! Hopefully he is right but I guess you will know for sure in three weeks!

Woo-hoo for Baby Girl Laughter!!

Lacey said...

Helloooo PINK! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! I am so excited that you guys will get to welcome some pink and lots and lots of bows into that house. You should have called me..... I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations!! Hope they confirm it again in three week. YEAH LAUGHTER FAMILY....and you tell Mr. Layne to watch out for that Daddy's Girl..if you haven't noticed at church.....Ellie is quite the Daddy's girl and he LOVES it!

ChrissyK said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! One of each is great and a big blessing!!! That is wonderful that Dr. Strong did that for you guys. YEA!!!

I am happy for you.

BTW, dinner was delicious!!!

Jess Richey said...

YAY!! I am so happy for you guys! Welcome PINK!!

Rachel Cobb said...

That is so exciting! I wish we were still neighbors, our kids would be bestfriends!!! I'm so happy for you! Dr. Strong is terrific! We miss you! Congratulations!