Today during one of my classes, one of my students needed to go to the bathroom. It just so happened that I also needed water put in my squirt bottle so that I could clean my overhead. I told the boy that he could go to the bathroom as long as he filled up my squirt bottle also. Needless did I know what that little saying was going to lead to.
As the boy walked out of the room, with the squirt bottle, they burst out laughing! I was so lost until another boy said, "you really want him to fill that up?" I was totally confused....and then it hit me. HOLY COW!!! The students thought that I wanted him to PEE into the squirt bottle! OH MY GOODNESS. I was so embarrassed and couldn't believe that they thought that. I told all of them to get their minds out of the gutter!! Then we had the conversation about where he was going to fill it up and everyone laughed and laughed until the young man returned. When he returned, I decided to please the class and ask him "that's filled up with water right?!" He laughed and so did the class. He said of course it has water in it :)
So there you have it. You gotta watch what you say and how you say things to eighth graders!!
Game Online Terpopuler Tahun 2023
1 year ago

1 comments:
Yup, funny story.
You can tell your students like you. :)
Post a Comment