These past two weeks have been yucky for us!! First Jayce had a runny nose and must have passed it onto me. I went to the doctor Tuesday morning feeling like total yucky!! I had a double ear infection and just the normal congestion and coughing. Then on Wednesday, Jayce was running a fever so I took him to the doctor. Ear infection also. Great......so we were on meds and trying to get better. The weekend comes around and on Sunday I woke up with massive pressure in one of my ears. Well that's weird because I've been on meds for 7 days already. Monday wake up again, with it hurting even worse! So I call up the doctor and schedule an appt for that afternoon. In the meantime, that morning I had to take Jayce to his 2 year WELL check up. HAHA. At least he was pretty much well. Still coughing and some runny nose, but no fever! The doctor said that his ears looked good. That afternoon we went to my doctor appointment I really wasn't too shocked when he told me that I had a massive ear infection in one of my ears and still one in the other ear. SERIOUSLY?!! I was a little freaking out because in just one week we were leaving for our cruise!! Oh my gosh! So he drugged me up....one pack of steroids, a new antibiotic for my ears, a nasal spray and told me to ask for MucinexD from the pharmacy. Good grief! So finally I was thinking that everyone was going to be okay. By the way....every time we went to the doctor with Jayce, I had the doctor look at Ryleigh's ears too since we were there. Every time they were just fine---or so I thought. Monday night....the night after TWO doctor appointments....Ryleigh wakes up with a fever. GREAT!!! What are we going to do. I am trying to think positive and hoping that it was just a fluke. So I get up with her that night about 8 times....and end up sleeping on the couch with her. Then on Tuesday Ryleigh ran a fever off and on. That night same thing....woke up a bunch and ended up sleeping on the couch. So on Wednesday I called the doctor's office and talked to the nurse. She said to give it one more day. SO that night I rubbed Vicks on her, ran the humidifier and she still was running a fever, but she slept soooo much better! I was so thankful. That brings us to this morning....Thursday. Ryleigh woke up with a 100.2 fever, so I get out my phone and make an appointment for the doctor. Sure enough, she has an ear infection also.
I just can't believe all this. I think that we've spent about $250 in copays and antibiotics. This seriously never happens to us, BUT right before Layne and I are about to leave it seems like everything falls apart! So here we are. Everyone is still trying to get better.
On a good note, at Jayce's 2 year check up here are his stats.
*weight: 27lbs, 2oz
*height: 35 inches
*head: 15 1/2 inches
He's still on his own growth curve, which is good. We've got us a skinny boy. Since we had to take Ryleigh in we now know that she is currently at 8 months 19lbs, 5oz. She's a growing girl!
Game Online Terpopuler Tahun 2023
1 year ago

4 comments:
So sorry you guys have had a terrible week! Hopefully next week will more than make up for it! Ryleigh is getting so big..and Jayce will be tall and skinny it seems! Hope you guys all feel better!
She weighs more than Caroline! What a hoot! I'm so sorry you all are feeling so stinky! Wish I was there to help you! Have a great time on your cruise! I'm envious!
Hope that ear infection runs its course & you guys are out there enjoying the big blue ocean!! Have a cocktail for me!
Have a blast on your trip!! Soak up the sunshine and enjoy every minute!! Look forward to hearing about it when you get back!
Post a Comment