Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Big Girl Bed

About a week and a half ago, I sold Ryleigh's crib.  Oh, I had mixed feelings about selling it, but decided that I did not need two cribs in the house anymore.  So it was off to decide what I was going to do with her for a bed.  Well, after I went away to college, Layne's mom bought my old bed from my parents to put in one of her spare rooms.  I'm so glad that she did because now we are using that bed for Ryleigh! I...well my dad....spray painted it a satin white.  It used to be a glossy cream.  And I took off the old yucky brass balls that were on the ends.  So with the help of my mom and dad, we took apart her old crib (the girl who bought it was coming on Wednesday to pick it up) and put together her new bed.  I think that it looks great and Ryleigh is LOVING it!! All I need now is to get a white bed rail and a white stool so that she can get up into the bed by herself.  She slept great in it yesterday during her nap and then again last night! She's such a good little girl! When she wakes up she just lays in bed and sings until I come in to get her.  And the sweetest of all is that she still wants me to rock her at night.  She asks me all the time in her sweet sweet voice, "Mommy, will you rock me?" Uh, how can I say no to that!?? So now we have two in big beds! Where are my babies going?  They have gotten big so quick!

 Taking her first nap in her Big Girl bed :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love that she sings until you go get her! That is precious. She so big but still your little baby! Enjoy it! :)

Lacey said...

Love her bed!! But I can't believe she is old enough to be in it. Time does go by way too fast!!!

Paige said...

That is sooo great! Yay, for the big girl!!!

schmidt said...

Bittersweet, indeed. I may have shed a tear or two when my Ri girl moved to her big girl bed. :) Pretty bed, btw!