Oh this post is a bit overdue, but life has been a bit crazy lately. So the day after Ryleigh's birthday Layne and I left for our homefinding trip. It was a great time to be away and enjoy each other, but the homefinding was a bit disappointing. We arrived on Friday night and went straight to the hotel. We were tired from our traveling. Saturday was spent looking at rental homes and preowned homes or whatever they are called. After looking at some rental homes I was almost in tears!!! They were super crappy and way too much money. These crazy people had a 1100 sq foot home and wanted like $1600 a month! YA RIGHT!!!! So then after our realtor saw how upset I was she started us looking at some preowned homes. They weren't quite as bad, but still didn't find anything that I would want to purchase. I know that houses up North are more expensive, but it just wasn't working for me. So Saturday was pretty much a bust.
Sunday we visited a church and really liked it. It will probably be where we end up calling our church home. They even gave all the Dad's a gift card to a coffee shop for Father's Day. Then after lunch we decided to stop by a few apartment complexes. We also had an appointment at the only new home builder in the area. So after Sunday, we had pretty much come to the conclusion that we will be moving into an apartment for about 6-9 months and during that time we will be building a town home. The new town home was our best option. BUT this is all pending that we SELL our house here!!!! And so far that hasn't happened. So we are really needing a buyer quick!!!
Monday was spent site-seeing. We just tried to enjoy that day as much as we could. See where the kids schools would be and other necessary things. We also drove to the beach and to Lookout Point...where the land ends. :) Tuesday was our day to come back home. Since we didn't fly out until later that afternoon, we decided to drive early into DC and just do a little bit of site-seeing there. We went to DC on our honeymoon, so it had been seven years since we had been there. All in all, a good trip.



















2 comments:
Sorry the house hunt wasn't fun. I had a similar experience when we were moving to Birmingham. It will all work out, and I am glad you guys have a plan. It looks beautiful there. Sad you are going but excited for this opportunity for your family!
I know the feeling girl! Todd & I spent way too many days looking for a rental house in B'ham. It's just different up north than in Texas. Glad you got to see some of D.C. on your trip as well!!!
Post a Comment