Yesterday, the kids, my mom(Grammie), Layne's mom (Nana) and I drove out to Brenham, Texas to visit the Blue Bell Factory. It was a beautiful drive out there. We got there at about 11 am and they were about to start a tour. The tour was supposed to last 45 minutes, but it sure didn't seem like it lasted that long. I think that time also includes you eating the ice cream at the end. And oh that was soooo worth the trip :) It was neat to see how they make all the ice cream and how they package it. It's a super organized operation! They only run their facility from 5am-4pm, Monday-Friday. And they spend 4 hours every day cleaning all the pipes and machines that make the ice cream! CRAZY!!! After eating some very yummy ice cream, we drove into Brenham and ate lunch at this sandwich shop called Must Be Heaven. And it was really good too!!! So if you are ever in Brenham, I definitely suggest going there to eat!









1 comments:
LOVE Bluebell. Maybe you will find a store or two that sells it. ;0) I know other states have it.....
Post a Comment