We want to wish you all a very Happy 4th of July!! Today is a day to celebrate our many freedoms!! We are lucky to live in a country where we are free thanks to so many men and women who have served our country hard and proud! We are also very lucky to have a God who has done so much for us and allows us to live freely through Him! He died on the cross for us so that we can live a free life with Him forever!
Today, though was a very tough day in our house. It was very hard to see past our many freedoms. Today, we had to drop Layne (Daddy) off at the airport. He left today for Maryland and we won't really be reunited with him until our house sells and we finally move up there with him. It was very strange seeing him pack up all his clothes and various belongings to take with him to his new "home." I was a bit emotional and while he was packing and playing with the kids, I tried to keep myself busy cleaning and doing things around the house. I was dreading dropping him off at the airport. I knew that I would be crying and I didn't want to make it any harder on the kids than it was going to be.
Ryleigh really doesn't understand what's going on. She just knows that Daddy is going on a long trip, but Jayce on the other hand does have some sort of understanding of it all. He knows that Daddy went on a trip last week and didn't get to see him for a while. He didn't like that at all and was very excited to have him back home this weekend. So when Layne started packing his bags again, Jayce started asking lots of questions. He didn't want Daddy packing his bags or going on a trip again. He wanted Daddy to stay here. He doesn't understand that Daddy has started a new job. He still thinks that Daddy works at the church, where he goes to school and where we go on Sundays. We keep telling him that we will be moving and not living in our house anymore, but he still doesn't quite understand that either.
Ryeigh fell fast asleep on the way to the airport. But Jayce stayed wide awake. He was pretty quiet the entire trip. As soon as we got to the airport, he asked to get out of the car and go with Daddy. But Layne went over to his side of the car and talked to him. He told him that he was going to go on a long trip, but that he would come back home. He kissed Jayce and gave him a hug. He told him that he loved him a whole bunch and that he would see him soon. As soon as Layne closed the door, he was pretty much crying. I told Layne bye and kissed him and then got into the car. As soon as I closed the door I was pretty much crying. And then when I heard Jayce sobbing in the backseat I cried more. And I am pretty sure when he heard me crying, he started crying even harder. It was a big mess!! I kept trying so hard to stop, but it broke my heart hearing him so upset. I didn't want Daddy to leave as much as he didn't. I tried to talk to him, but he kept telling me that he didn't want Daddy to get on the airplane. He cried about half way to my parents house and then fell asleep. Me on the other hand, cried pretty much the entire way there. Then I tried as hard as I could to get myself together so that I wouldn't be crying as I walked into my parents house. But my Mom asked how Jayce was doing and my eyes welled with tears again. Then her eyes welled with tears and it started all over again! HA! So needless to say, this afternoon was a bit rough.
Despite all the emotions, we had a great afternoon! No fireworks thanks to the huge drought we have going on, but we all had fun! So I'm sure that July is going to be a tough one for us. Please keep us all in your prayers and pray for a buyer on our house. Pray for a smooth transition for Layne as he's starting his new job and is away from us.








3 comments:
Happy 4th of July! I will definitely keep your family in my prayers! Let me know if you need anything, Sweetie! I'm just up the road. :)
Reading your post had me in tears! Praying this time away from Layne goes by quickly for all of you! Your kiddos are precious!
praying praying praying! (buy a st.joseph statute and bury it...works every time! google it if you have no idea what I'm talking about!!) LOVe, Allison
Post a Comment